Monday, September 20, 2010

Happengläd's New Hat #4


Happengläd's New Hat is a monthly New Work Salon, hosted by the ever-labouring lady of laughs  DeAnne Smith. It's a chance for Montrealers to watch local performers "try things out." If you are familiar with the concept of creativity, trying things out is very, very important. However, things tried are not always perfect or particularly refined. At other times they are truly magical. You don't know until it's tried, honestly. And that's half the fun (I'm not sure what the other half is - but I believe it has something to do with the cheap refreshments available at the theatre). 

I'll be participating this month in my first attempt at what I'm calling a "public service announcement" of sorts. I have a few of these percolating, this will be the first public execution of one. This one has a decidedly light tone - it deals with murder, hospital visits and dogs. Come, watch - and let me know what I can do to improve on this sort of thing.    

Tuesday September 28, 8pm - only $5 tiny loonies, 264 St. Catherine Est, near Berri Metro. 

No comments:

Post a Comment